Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Favorites

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I hope you did too!  We headed to Central VA Wednesday afternoon to spend Thursday morning/early afternoon with my parents. We started the morning off with a delicious, home cooked, southern breakfast and followed it up with a hike along Skyline Drive.  It was  beautiful morning, sunny and in the 50s, and the perfect activity before pigging out.  Late afternoon we headed to my in-laws for the Thanksgiving meal with hub's family and our niece and two nephews.

Saturday we ventured to the mall just before midnight for about a half hour.  Just long enough to see all the crazies lined up around the buildings waiting to be let in.  I swear that's the best part, forget shopping, seeing all the crazies was a hoot.  That's not to say I didn't take full advantage of the Cyber Monday, or Cyber Week, deals.  As of today I am more than half way done with my Christmas shopping -- yay!

I plan to tackle Christmas cards and wrapping the gifts this week and then I'll be done(!) and able to fully enjoy the Christmas season. 

Here's a few of my favorites of the week.
Douglas arrived!

We have become OBsessed with this lately.
My Thursday morning working from home.
Thursday = a GREAT mail day for Christmas gifts
Skinny Taste's Sante Fe Chicken - a favorite in our house
Weekend Inspiration.  Decking the halls and decorating our week-old tree that is still undecorated.
Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment