Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Month of Organization: Planners

Ahh January, the month of organization. I'm busy getting our house back on the straight and narrow, purging clutter and getting back to some normalcy of life. The Fall threw us some unexpected curve balls and a few big changes including a move, a new business venture for my husband and way too many holiday events to even think straight. The craziness, good and bad, had us eating out 4 to 5 nights/week, laundry accumulations the size of a small country and general organization being non-existent. So I'm more than excited to welcome in not only a new year but also a much more lax month that will allow me to catch up, get back to being organized and even give me time to do some things I enjoy like cooking, baking and craftiness.

With that being said, I've been on a cleaning, organizing and reorganizing spree since we took our tree and Christmas decor down this weekend. Can I just say that with a yummy Starbucks drink all things are possible!

Anywho, the time came to fully transition from my old planner to the new one. No more using both depending on the need. This got me thinking, what should I do with the old planner? Planners contain a lot of personal info and even personal info about others; friends, family, careers. This means addresses, email addresses, and sometimes even medical info. So should I just throw it out? Rip the pages out and shred them?

So I'm curious, what do y'all do with your outdated planners?

And for a quick update: I transitioned from the My Agenda Planner I've been accustomed to for the past 5 years or so to the much hyped and coveted Erin Condren Life Planner for 2012. If you follow me on Twitter you know I was quite skeptical and even critical when it first arrived. But after using it for a couple months, I got mine in November, I will eat my words and admit that I was wrong in my first impressions and I do love it now! I'm pretty sure that this loyal My Agenda girl has been converted and will not be returning to My Agenda anytime soon -- unless of course they add the Ziploc-like folder to their agendas!

2 comments:

  1. super jealous of yoru life planner. i have a my agenda and i'm ready for the fancy features of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way about transitioning from MyAgenda to the life planner. At first I thought the Life Planner was way too big, but now I can't live without it!

    ReplyDelete