Monday, June 22, 2009

Back to M*A*C

Yesterday I ventured over to Nordstrom for my weekly dose of heaven in a store and to pick up some makeup for an upcoming wedding this weekend. A few weeks ago my little sister came to visit and while in the bathroom one morning getting ready, I happened to peruse through her cosmetic bag to see what the hot, new cosmetics were. She's the makeup girl in the family. I'm so not, my daily makeup routine consists of mascara and eyeliner and if it's a really good day maybe some lip gloss. So I always look up to my little sister for makeup ideas, advice, how to's, etc. Pretty pathetic and certainly not the way it typically is. Usually the little sister is learning the tricks of the cosmetic world from her big sister but not here, it's the other way around. I stumbled across some fabulous MAC Mineralize Skinfinish blush. So I decided to test it out. I really liked it although according to my sister I was supposed to put bronzer on before the blush in order to really make it pop and get the full effect! Needless to say for the rest of the week each morning I had added bronzer and this MAC blush to my makeup routine. I was incredibly sad when she left and my makeup collection dwindled back down to 3 items!


Needless to say this is when the trip to Nordy's was a must! I ended up walking out w. bronzer, the mineralize skinfinish blush, makeup brushes (because apparently a blush brush and an eye shadow brush doesn't cut it) and some fabu makeup wipes that can be used to completely clean your face and remove makeup.


As I was checking out the cute MAC girl asked me if I knew about the "Back to MAC" program. If this poor girl knew the slightest thing about me she'd have known the answer was NO! So she gave me the details. Here's the low down:


Because we share your commitment to the environment, M·A·C accepts returns of its primary packaging through the Back to M·A·C Program. By returning six [6] M·A·C primary packaging containers to a M·A·C counter or M·A·C Cosmetics online, you’ll receive a free M·A·C lipstick of your choice as our thanks to you. (via maccosmetics.com)


It doesn't get any better than that! Even for a girl like me who owns less make up than a tomboy, I can certainly benefit! Click here for more details.


P.S. - the wipeys also count too, so don't throw away the plastic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment