Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Review - Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure

A few weeks ago while perusing the cosmetic aisles at Tarjay I stumbled upon Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure system.  The polish claims to offer all 3 steps of a traditional mani {base, color, top coats} in one redesigned bottle. 
Sally offers a color almost identical to OPI's Bubble Bath and Sweet Heart so I decided what the heck. 
When I sat down to paint my nails the first thing that made me do a double take was the brush. 
 Unlike regular polish brushes Sally's brush is a bit shorter and thicker.  It also has a tapered, rounded edge and wasn't as flexible.  I overcame the shape and painted on. 

The end result was a craptastic paint job leaving me wishing I had left my You Don't Know Jacques color alone.

Pros:
- my nails do feel slightly stronger (the Complete Manicure polish claims to have a strengthener in it)
- price is comprable to a bottle of OPI or Essie polish ($7)
- good variety of colors

Cons:
- tricky rounded brush makes applying polish a pain in the bootie, ending in a redo
- left my nails with a spotty, unsmooth finish
- finished color looks like a matte polish, clear top coat needed

Have you tried out the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure?  If so, what did you think?  I'm curious if I should give this another go, maybe in a different color.

Don't forget about my blog sale on Thursday!  Be sure to check it out.
cBv

3 comments:

  1. I tried it a loved it. So far I have used pink slip and black platinum. I think the trick is to do 3 very thin layers to eliminate striping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never attempt my own manis. I'm pitiful at them. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this polish. I have it in Commander in Chic. I actually like the brush. Maybe it just takes some getting used to?

    ReplyDelete