Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Autumn Schmautum

It appears that all the blogger chicks I follow are ecstatic about the change in weather. Me, I'll take the road less traveled. I'm not a fan of autumn and it seems like this year my aversion has gotten worse. Perhaps being a year older has something to do with it? Who knows, but the past 2 weeks I've been dreading and sulking about the change of seasons. Last week in VA we had almost an entire week of fall-like weather (no humidity, low 60s) and that was enough for me. If only it could be spring and summer all year round, sundresses and jack rogers are all I need!
In an effort to pull myself out of my "Debbie Downer" slump I'm going to devote this post to focusing on the things I like about fall and try to forget that fall = winter and cold frigid temps are a' coming.
Fall is Fab Reason #1: College Football Tailgates Southern Style - this means lots of time spent w. my sis at ECU games. There's nothing I love more than sporting a super cute purple outfit, partaking in good food, drinks & music before cheering on the Pirates! ECU football = the perfect excuse to head south (away from the northern va insanity I live in) and "relive" my college years through my little sis. Sister time is priceless and these days with us being states apart it's something I oh so look forward to and treasure each time we're together.
Girls just wanna have fun...Carolina Shagging








Fall is Fab Reason #2: My neice's birthday - This little cutie patootie was born on October 30, 2007 and has been such a fun burst of sunshine to our lives. From shopping sprees, zoo trips, training her to kep a bow in her hair and spoiling her rotten I've enjoyed every second with her. It's been fun to plan Auntie/Kaitlynn playdates on a monthly basis and I'm thrilled to be a part of her life.









Fall is Fab Reason #3: Stephen D's (my papa) Birthday - This amazing, selfless, true southern gent, my dad, was born on September 16th. He has been a rock for our family and the best dad a gal could ever ask for. From teaching me the values and morals that make me the woman I am today to father/daughter roadtrips growing up to the gazillon laughs along the way, I thank God everyday for my pops. Next September is a big birthday for him and God-willing we'll be taking him skydiving (Bucket List item) to celebrate it!


Fall is Fab Reason #4: Brunswick Stew - I'm not that big of a soup fan but THIS pot o' perfection, homemade, homegrown stew my mom makes is to die for. It's perfect for those fall days to take the chill off. Luckily for me and my fam, my mom is Paula Deen's twin so she doesn't skimp on anything. Whatever she's cooking or baking she always makes enough for everyone to take home and eat for a week!

Fall is Fab Reason #5: The return of the pashmina - ahh this soft-as-a-lamb little accessory puts the finishing touch on any outfit! It's soft, it's vibrant and nice to wrap around you when you're chilly or just feel like snuggling and the hubby isn't home! This may be a stretch but this could be grown girl's "blankie"! From houndstooth to polka dots there's a favorite for every girl.

So now after really thinking about it, falls not all that bad. It's really winter I can't stand. Until then I'll return to my own slices of heaven and last bit of summer...sweet tea and a homegrown tomato sandwich. B-L-I-S-S!!By the way, if you're looking for some great inspiration for a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e fall decorating ideas check out Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick and Amanda at Imperfectly Beautiful, they've got ya covered!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you just the sweetest? thanks for the shout-out!

    I would be pleased as punch if it stayed 55- 60 degrees year round! I know that's odd comin from a southern girl...but it's true. LOVE the south...HATE the weather. I can't wait to get me a pashmina in a fab color!

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete