I'm en route to Charleston for my sister’s bachelorette weekend. Next up, Greece in 6 days (If my passport ever arrives, God willing)!! I’m so looking forward to a girly weekend full of gallons of sweet tea, non-existent in DC,
w. or w. out Firefly, southern cuisine, shopping, cocktails, pampering and sun galore. Just for kicks I’ve put together a bucket list for this sweet city.
- Try fried green tomatoes
- Get my fill of hushpuppies…nom nom nom
- Take a cheesy tourist pic in front of the pineapple fountain at Waterfront Park
- Sip cocktails at the rooftop bar - Market Pavilion Hotel
- Take a ride in a pedicab
- Soak up some sun at Folly Beach
- Find the best shrimp n’ grits around
- Retail therapy at Affordables & Palm Avenue
- Eat my way through the city by way of Macaroon Boutique, Magnolias, Fleet Landing, Hyman’s and Cupcake
- Visit Magnolia Plantation
I leave you w. a picture of the cupcake toppers I made last minute to adorn the Funfetti cupcakes (my sister’s favorite) we’ll be enjoying.
I'm not even going to talk about how sad I am that summer is almost over. Unlike everyone else, I so CAN wait for fall to arrive. I like my flip flops, barefeet, sundresses, crab feasts and tomato sandwiches far too much to welcome cool temps and turtlenecks. Have a great weekend!