Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Help, please!

So behind on life right now. 

Last weekend the hubby surprised me with a trip to Boston for my 27th birthday! We had a great time and between the two of us we managed to plow through about 8 pounds of lobster while we were there. Needless to say I’m a bit over lobster for a while. But it was the most delicious lobster I’ve ever had and the weather couldn’t have been more perfect, sunny, 80s and no humidity! And it was the one time I didn’t bring a pashmina, cardigan or long sleeve shirt and actually needed one, go figure!

This weekend my mom, sister and I made the dreaded trek to New Jersey. I can confidently say that all three of us will never, ever be visiting that deplorable state again. My sister’s shower was nice but aside from that the entire trip was astonishing. The only good thing New Jersey has going for it is full service gas stations. Someone needs to send some southern manners and etiquette books their way. Thank God I was born with a mother who taught me how to act like a civil human being. The other humorous thing about Jersey is apparently black is the new blonde. My sister and I were pretty much the minority w. our blonde locks; to be cool in the dirty jerz you need black hair, fang-like neon nails and tattooed makeup, wowza! The only picture I have to show from the weekend is the Welcome to Virginia sign reassuring me I was back in my neck of the woods and boy have I never been so glad to be back on VA soil!

We leave for Greece in 16 days and I’ve yet to begin packing, organizing or compiling anything! I’m starting to freak. To complicate matters I’m out of town the next two weekends leading up to our trip so all of my packing and prepping has to be done during the week in between the gym, appointments, dinners, etc. Aye yi yi! I’m really hoping y’all can help me with this and give me some tips for packing. As I’ve mentioned before I’m a bit of a ‘heavy’ packer, usually stuffing a large suitcase for 3 days. Clearly I’m going to have to be extra efficient in how and what I pack.

So PLEASE help a sister out! I’ve been googling and reading various websites for packing tips and so far I’ve jotted these down:

• Pack extra Ziploc bags (in various sizes)

• Email myself a list of all the emergency/stolen credit cards #s to contact in the event a CC gets lost or stolen

• Email myself our travel itinerary and deets

• Use the roll technique for all clothes to maximize space

• Split up valuables - cash, travelers’ checks and credit cards in different pockets, bags and wallet. In case you do get robbed, at least you won't be strapped for cash (unless you have all your bags AND your wallet stolen of course!)
I’m not sure how I feel about the last one. I feel like it’s the perfect way to misplace valuable items. Thoughts on this one??

Seriously if anyone has any travel tips please send them my way! I’m trying to get my butt into gear for a blog sale to make space in my closet for some new fall items period, so stay tuned. I hope you’re all having a fabulous week!
cBv

No comments:

Post a Comment