Monday, November 16, 2009

27 Days of Thankful, 16 Days Behind!

Amanda at Serenity Now is hosting a "27 Days of Thankful" party for the month of November. I loved this idea and had every intention of beginning this on November 1st but two charity events this month have taken over my life, just a bit. As the saying goes it's never too late to say thank you {or in this case, what you're thankful for} so here goes!


1. My bed. The most comfortable place in the world. I swear I could live there permanently kinda like Charlie's Grandpa Joe in Willy Wonka. Except my bed is much fluffier, softer and spa-like!

2. My parents. Although I'm a grown, married woman, I could not live with out my parents. From their constant support and undying love to their smiles, jokes and laughs. I'm not sure what I'd do without them. Hence why I always tell my mom she'll live forever!

3. St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Not just for the life saving work that they do to find cures for childhood cancers, but because it motivates me to get out, give back to others and spend my time in a positive way that is rewarding to my heart and inspires me to be a better person.

4. My agenda. I know everyones' lives are crazy but I could not keep up without my agenda. It's my scheduling bible. More specifically this one.


5. Long lost friends. Over the past year and a half I've been blessed to reunite with quite a few girls from school. Some I grew up with since kindergarten and others I met in high school. Reuniting has allowed us to form a unique bond through prayer with each other. Although we all live miles and miles away from each other, we're able to bond, pray and support one another via email, FB and blogs. We've laughed, we've cried for each other and I hope I've been as great of an encouragement to them as they have been to me!


6. My job. I struggled for a few years to find a job I really liked. Just ask my hubby. Poor guy had to listen to me gripe and put up with my meltdowns until I was finally blessed with a great job, excellent co-workers, a great boss and excellent benefits. Given the state of the economy I can truly say I'm blessed and thankful for my job and although some mornings I don't want to get out of my comfy bed, I'm happy to go to work.

7. Bloghers. This past year I've slowly entered the blog world and have found some fabulous blogs to read. I can say without a doubt that all of the blogs I follow have inspired me in one way or another, whether it be creatively, spiritually or just to be a better woman. I love that they offer free humor and relaxation when you want to escape the craziness called life for a few minutes.

8. Etsy. My go-to anytime I have a shopping dilemna and can't find exactly what I'm looking for at the mall or online. So far, Etsy has helped divert all moments of shopping crisis!

9. Sweet Tea. I'm not too picky as long as it's sans ice and has lots of sugar! There are just some days that only sweet tea will quench my thirst.

10. Babysitting. Not a babysitter but families to babysit for. Yes, I'm married and yes, I still babysit. I know, a bit odd to some. I babysit for fun, not because I need the money. I love babysitting because it gives me a break from the real world, free of all the trivial stresses of adult life. I love the fact that I can have the absolute worst day ever and a few hours of babysitting from favorites can put everything into perspective and make you forget about everything and just play and laugh. So I'm blessed for the little kids in my life, whose parents bless me with the opportunity to watch them.

11. The hubby. He keeps me sane, he calms me down, he loves, he forgives, he supports and is a constant rock for me. The fact he's a good looking is just an added bonus. I'm so blessed I met him 10 years ago on the tennis courts my sophmore year of high school.

12. My USB. It contains all of the vital records of my life. From addresses to recipes, business contracts to oodles of lists and photos. It contains at least half of my life on there so if I ever lose it I'm beyond screwed.

13. Pickles. The way I eat pickles and crave pickles you'd think I'm preggers. Not the case, I just have a crazy obsession.

14. My name. I used to hate it because I always had to repeat it or spell it, but I truly love it. I'm blessed to have what I think is an amazing name. In fact, now my fleathers get a little ruffled when I encounter another Cherish.

15. Mary Kay Andrews. Her books are so entertaining and offer a true Southerner like me, who is stuck in a northern hell, an escape to where my heart truly belongs. Now if she would just write some books that are less than 400 pages I could get through them without having to renew the maximum number of times and get billed for a "lost" book (which isn't lost at all, just merely unread) from my local library. God love her.

16. G Chat. I can talk to my friends at work all day long without the boss having a clue!


Wheww, I made it! Next year I'll be sure to stay on track! Here's to staying current the rest of the month!

1 comment:

  1. 10. Let's talk. ;) ;)
    15. Mary Kay Andrews is my fave!! She commented on my blog once after I did a review of "The Fixer Upper." It was the greatest thing ever!

    The link-up that I think you tried to access was closed as of last night. Come back to my blog and try again. I just posted a new thing for today with a fresh link host thingie....

    ReplyDelete