Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankfulness, Success and Pink Friday!

Yes, I've been MIA but for very good reasons. Last Saturday was the St. Jude Give Thanks walk, which was held in 40 cities across the country. The GTW walk is a 5k family-friendly walk that kicks off the Thanks and Giving campaign that begins on Pink Friday, aka Black Friday. As the committee formed to plan this inaugural event in the DC Metro area this summer, in a moment of whimsy, I decided to buck up and chair the event. What was I thinking? I have no clue. Although I had my moments of doubt, down and out and discouragement that this could be a success, I'm elated to let ya'll know that my small committee of 9 managed to pull off a big success for the kids at St. Jude. The DC Metro walk managed to attract 623 walkers with 150 kids and we raised a total of $59,630 for the hospital!! I could not feel more accomplished and productive. This would not have been possible without my amazing committee who worked tirelessly for months and especially the two nights before the walk pulling everything together. What greater way to end my year of philanthropy then on such a triumphant note. And although I only got 5 hours of sleep over 3 days it was COMPLETELY worth it! I am so blessed to have opportunities to give back to others and to work with such selfless and giving people! So for that I am truly thankful and cannot wait for next year's walk!

Now that I have my free time back, temporarily, I'm so excited for Pink Friday! Yes, pink, not black! My sis-in-law and I are heading out for some midnight madness shopping with hopes of finding some fabulous finds. Speaking of fabulous be sure to check out LP's Pink Friday event! This is perfect for those of you who don't have the courage to brave the crazed shoppers!
Happy Shopping!
cBv

No comments:

Post a Comment