Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Favorite Nail Polishes

I've quickly come to realize that over the past 3 months I've developed a bad obsession with nail polish. Before, I was always a french mani kind of girl, au naturale. But lately I've found myself shopping for the latest fabulous color to take into the salon. This does help when a nail chips, I can repaint and extand the life of my mani. Thus I'm really saving money in the long run, right?!?! Nevertheless I love a good mani/pedi. It's a cheaper alternative to having a monthly spa day. So I thought I'd share some of my favorite polishes with you. Wink wink, polishes make great stocking stuffers!

I'm really into these two colors for the fall/winter and the past three times I've gotten a mani/pedi I've had her put the same color back on, "Lincoln Park After Dark." "We'll Always Have Paris" is a very close second.






Can we say someone needs a manicure, ahem trim! Please excuse those nails, this color looks really good on anything but claws!




We'll Always Have Paris - this is VERY close to Lincoln Park except it has a bit more of a red/maroon tint to it.

My sis was wearing You Don't Know Jacques at Thanksgiving and I really loved it. It's a great neutral brown, not too dark, not too light. I think I might have to snatch this one.











And my favorite natural, perfect pink, is Bubble Bath.


On a recent trip into Trade Secret I learned that OPI is now offering "Matte" colors. Have any of you used these or seen them? I tried a few samples in the store, because a lot of the glossy colors are also offered in matte and I hated them. I thought they looked like absolute poo. No offense, to anyone who likes them. Apparently these are all the latest rage, however, I just don't get it. Feel free to enlighten me. Here's a few mattes that OPI has.


This is the matte version of Lincoln Park After Dark! Yick!

Here's an article I found explaining the latest fad of matte polishes.

What are some of your favorite nail colors??

3 comments:

  1. OPI is all I will wear. I don't think I am a fan of the matte finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "We'll Always Have Paris." OPI has the best names. :) PS. I just saw "The Baby Sleep Solution" on your bookshelf. That book changed my life, I swear. I saw it in Border's when my oldest was a few weeks old and I thought I would die if I didn't sleep soon. I didn't follow her plan exactly, but having a schedule worked wonders with both of my girls and had them sleeping through the night MUCH sooner than my friends' babies....

    ReplyDelete