Friday, March 19, 2010

Sweet as a Cupcake!

I'm anxiously awaiting when the clock strikes 4pm because my weekend will officially begin.  The weather has been gorgeous here in VA all week and this weekend the sunshine and warmth will continue in the 70s!  We have RIC friends coming into town tomorrow to visit and we are most certainly taking a trip to Eastern Market while the boys hit the driving range!!  This will be the first for 2010 and my favorite shopping partner will be with me to kick it off.  I can already taste the sweet lemonade! Yum! 

This afternoon I have a date with these guys.

I have quite a few pieces around my house that need a new look and a few planters that I have to paint white to hold the ribbon topiaries for my sister's shower. 
Since the hubs can't it meat, on Fridays during Lent, I plan on making this delectable dish for dinner
Spinach, Mushroom & Tomato Manicotti w. Red White Sauce

Sunday we're heading home to Cville!  My mom and I have an appointment to finalize the venue for my sister's shower.  Then it will be lots of family time and my mama's down home southern cooking.  I have no idea what my mom has on the menu but I should be receiving an email or text in the next few hours asking for my requests.  She's like a personal chef, constantly catering to everyone's wants. I swear the woman is Paula Deen's twin.  Most definitely on my list will be my mom's homemade mac and cheese and sour cream biscuits.
After thinking about it it seems I have the perfect weekend ahead full of my favorite foods, good shopping and QT with my favs and the family, including my sister!!
Don't forget to enter my Garden Party Giveaway!  I'm closing it tomorrow at noon (EST) and will post the winner shortly after.

Last night I babysat for my 2 favorite little guys.  Along with lots of laughs and fun, the family always pays me well.  But last night I was paid amazingly well. Not only was I paid in money but also in sweets.  I was smiling ear to ear when she handed me cash and these 2 little boxes that make my heart skip a beat.
I was perfectly happy with 2 GC cupcakes but it got even better when I opened the box and my favorite was inside...Red Velvet!
I hope everyone has a cheery weekend and enjoys the sunshine!
cBv

6 comments:

  1. Yummy post! Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind being paid in cupcake bonuses either! ;) Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a FABULOUS weekend! Those cupcakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, can you just send me cupcakes because everytime i come to your blog and see the cupcakes you have eaten I get so hungry and jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a blast!! Love those cupcakes. Looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete