Thursday, February 11, 2010

Warm Fuzzies

I'm home from work. again.  This makes day 7 and it's honestly getting a bit ridiculous.  The hubs has also been home so we've been trying not to get on each other's nerves all while attempting to keep our stir craziness at bay.  The malls have been closed, too, so that meant no fun.  And you can forget about me going outside.  That. just. isn't. going. to. happen.  the rate we're going it'll be April before I see the great outdoors again.  UGHHHH.  Amidst all the annoyances I've very thankful.  We've had the "P" word throughout the entire week long snowpocalyspe.  And that says alot, because alot of people have not. I cannot even imagine.  I'm not even going to go there.  As for old man winter, he's not my cup o' tea.  So to keep me warm {and more importantly busy so I don't eat 5000 calories a day} I've baking and cooking. Yesterday I made lasagna, chicken noodle soup and apple pie.

We had an impromptu game/American Idol night with our favorite neighbors so the soup was devoured before I could snap a shot. Props to the girls for beating the boys in Catch Phrase!!  Although there's been moments of boredom and stir craziness, I'm really thankful for all the extra time it's afforded me.  We've been able to catch up w. good friends, eat good food and its given me some time to spoil the hubby a little w. banana pancakes and homemade goodies. 

A big thank you to Kitchen Belleicious for passing along this award to me!  Thank you Jessica!! You're too sweet to think of me and I love reading your blog.  Be sure to check her out. She's always sharing fun and new delicious, or should I say belleicious, recipes.  She is also the lifesaver who turned my brick cookies into ooey, gooey, soft, fluffy, edible delicious yummies
I'm passing this award to the following lovely ladies:
Enjoy ladies!  Thanks for keeping me entertained and on my Ps and Qs for everything fashion, home decor and more!
cBv

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award, chickie. :) Enjoy your time having fun with neighbors and your hubs. Game night sounds like a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I can't even begin to count the number of calories I've eaten and drank. I just found your blog and love it! I also think I may be your neighbor- I live in Falls Church. I also left something for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! Snowed in for 7 days? Crazy!! At least you're baking - everything sounds super yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i guess we should just call you better crocker!! you pretty little baker you!
    i can not believe you have been snowed in for 7 days!! i guess i'm a tad jealous ;) although i'd be going stir crazy.
    we are american idol junkies as well, love that show!

    thank you oh so very much for the award!! you are such a sweetpea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your snow melts soon dear! Have a good weekend! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. 7 days?!?! SERIOUSLY?! ack. I'm sorry....although, that really is an awesome looking pie, I wouldn't mind a bite...or I mean the WHOLE THING!!! ;) Congratulations on your award!!

    ReplyDelete